Friday, February 26, 2010

Rare Disease Day

February 28 is Rare Disease Day.

Until last year, I never knew such a thing existed. I am happy to say that the governor of Michigan issued a Rare Disease Day proclamation fairly early in the planning stages, whereas some other states are still working on it, and we are down to 2 days away.

I bring this up because I read an article recently that I would like to share with my 'readers' and fellow bloggers. NPS Pharmaceuticals is a company that researches treatments for these rare diseases. Here is the link to their recent announcement. This is interesting reading because one of the two main treatments they are currently concentrating on is for this stupid pain in the butt ailment afflicting me. The small, concise description they have listed in this announcement is a better explanation than what I've come up with to date, so if you are curious about Hypoparathyroidism, check out this web page for a short, sweet and to the point description.

Enjoy.

~E~

No comments:

Post a Comment